GSA 8(a) Stars II
Pivotal Point, LLC awarded GSA 8(a) STARS II GWAC contract number GS-00Q17GWD2075 on June 13, 2017
The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is designed to promote small business utilization when purchasing information technology (IT) services or IT services-based solutions for the federal government. The 8(a) STARS II program is reserved exclusively for qualifying certified 8(a) small business concerns as the prime contractors per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 19.8. 8(a) Stars II is made up of two constellations based on industry accreditation.
Constellations I vs Constellation II
- Constellations I and II industry partners have competitive pricing and technical proficiency.
- Constellation II includes industry partners with an additional industry credential, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) or ISO 9001 (quality management system).
Pivotal Point had not yet been awarded the ISO registration in 2015 when proposals were submitted for 8(a) Stars II and was eligible under Constellation I. Since then, Pivotal Point was awarded their ISO 9001:2008 registration in 2016 and shortly after was one of the first companies to upgrade to ISO 9001:2015 in February of 2017.
Pivotal Point is approved under Constellation I for all labor categories in the three function areas below:
- Function Area 1: Custom Computer Programming Services (NAICS 541511)
- Function Area 2: Computer Systems Design Services (NAICS 541512)
- Function Area 3: Computer Facilities Management Services (NAICS 541513)
8(a) STARS II Features
- Multiple award, indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle
- Five-year base with one five-year option
- $10 billion program ceiling
- Directed Order Authority: Directed task orders up to $4 million each are allowed for federal civilian and Department of Defense activities – orders over $4 million are competed amongst the industry partners in the chosen constellation and functional area.
8(a) STARS II Benefits
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferrable to the agency
- Pre-competed, easy to use contracts
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shortened procurement lead time
- A low user access fee (0.75 percent) built into contractor’s ceiling prices
8(a) Stars II POC